The Wedding

Apologies for old school myspace mirror photos
Left- Marks and Spencer  Right- Maya Maternity Asos  Shoes- New Look

After the hen do comes the wedding and over the past couple of weeks I was lucky enough to be invited to two weddings. 

The first was a beautiful afternoon/ evening indoor party at a glamorous indoor venue. The second was an equally beautiful day-into-evening do in a tipi in the grounds of a boarding school. Two very different days and all I could think about was being comfortable all day. 

Thankfully, I didn't have to look far for comfortable maternity wear in the form of Maya at Asos. I love this dress and can't stress how comfortable it is. I did buy a nude slip from trusty M&S just to add a layer underneath and it did just help it to stop me panicking it was see-through. Although the bump was barely visible at this point, the dress was incredibly flattering and skimmed my tummy perfectly. I can't wait to whip this out again around Christmas time (when hopefully this bump will be much bigger) and wear it again. 

I fully intended on wearing this dress for both weddings until I saw the bright pink beauty on the sale rack in Marks and Sparks and just knew it was right for a rainbow themed tipi wedding. My two must haves for dresses are: sleeves and a below-knee length. This hit the spot. It was so, so perfect for a long day and evening of wedding celebrations. It was very much party in the back, with a dipped back and a large bow, adding something else to the dress. Although not maternity, I bought it in a size that just skimmed the old spare tyre bump and it was just incredibly comfortable all day. 

Finally, and bringing up the rear because I didn't expect much from them, are these nude New Look shoes. Bought to go with the Maya dress, these faux suede shoes did the job both days. They didn't hurt or ache or rub at all and I can't recommend them enough. 

Comments

Popular Posts