The Name Game



Oh my gosh, how hard it is trying to name your baby?! I honestly didn't ever imagine it would be so difficult but we are really struggling. 

Actually, we are only struggling with boy names. Baby girl name is sorted and agreed upon, and if we had to, could produce a plethora of other names I like just as much. 

But boy names? We haven't even got a clue. 

I think this might be because I'm convinced baby is a boy, meaning I'm finding it difficult to pin something down. But also because names I do like (Casper being my number one choice) just doesn't go with S's surname. And it's not the only one. Great. 

I like a strong name. Something unusual and unique; not too wacky. Something they can grow with but a name they can own. And I don't even know where to begin.

Working in a school means so many names are already no-go for us as we don't want them to have a name someone else in their class will have. 

I have searched every baby name site, book and app. Nothing jumps out as much as our girl names and I can't help but feel I need the same satisfaction, and love, for the boy name as our girl one.

S and I also like very different names. He can associate someone (mostly footballers) with every name I suggest, and he, well, he just doesn't suggest anything I like. 

I'm glad we've still got 5 months because I fear it could be a nameless baby for a while longer. 

Comments

Popular Posts