The Wishlist



Writing a list of bit we (ahem, I) want has taken me a while. A little bit of it because I was researching different things and mostly because I'm so blooming superstitious and cautious about even thinking about buying bits. 

The only thing we've bought is a little coming home outfit from Tesco, something we bought right after hearing the heartbeat at the 16 week midwife appointment. But of course we need to think about what else we will need for our newborn baby which led to these carefully curated (all grey and white which I had not knowingly planned) choices.

I do really want to be careful with what we buy and these are what I think are our coming-home essentials. At the moment, I can't find a nice cot for the nursery that I love (I would rather one that turns into a toddler bed) but these are the bits I want to collect before baby comes home. 

Clockwise from top right: Swing from Mothercare . I want something that I can safely put the baby in when someone isn't holding them. For us, with the cat, I'd rather something off the floor and I like the idea that the movement of the swing might soothe them. I have recently heard health visitors don't like these though, so if anyone can enlighten me on this...?

Car seat from Maxi Cosi (this one is John Lewis) . Obviously we need a car seat and this one seemed to have lots of good reviews and recommendations, as well as being the one I liked holding the most when trialing them out in Mama's and Papa's. It doesn't match the pram but I didn't want a travel system (even though I'm sure I'll regret it when waking the baby trying to get them from car to pram). 

Bath support from Mothercare . I don't know if you can exclusively get the grey from Mothercare, but of course I'd want the grey option. Among the first bits of advice my mom gave me, she told me I would never use a seperate baby bath. This is highly recommended from lots of people and will help avoid the back-breaking, arm-bending of trying to bath baby in the big bath. 

Stokke Xplory pram. We tried them all out. All of them. And nothing compared to the height and agility of this. Of course, we were only pushing it around the store, but it was the one that felt right for me having 'baby' so close, and perfect for all 6foot plus of S. It's comfortable for us and I like the idea of having the carry tot initially and graduating to the rear or forward facing pram when they're a little older. We will keep trying other ones (it's such an investment) but I think this will be the one. 

Snoozepod from Mama's and Papa's  but lots of places do this crib and have good deals on it too. We want to have the baby close to us at night to begin with and I think these Snoozepods are amazing. I love the idea of them being right there, but without being in your bed. I know we'll get lots of use out of this and it's probably number one on the list for me. As of yet, I can't find the perfect cot (ideally one that transitions into a toddler bed) but with this that's not a worry at all. 

Comments

Popular Posts